THE NEXT ROUND OF STANDARD GRANT APPLICATIONS WILL CLOSE ON 30 NOVEMBER 2019. APPLICATIONS MUST BE SENT TO THE COMPANY SECRETARY BY THIS DATE
LCT Grant System
LCT is keen to support community and voluntary organisations that are charitable, educational, philanthropic or benevolent in purpose, with an emphasis on projects that will provide improvement for younger generations.
The main focus of the grants is:
- Children and young people
- Carbon reduction projects
- Vulnerable People
- Community regeneration
- Community buildings
- Self Help Groups
- Environmental and wildlife projects
- Education and Skills Development
Applications are accepted for projects that benefit residents living within the Garve and District Council area, as indicated by the red line on the map opposite. LCT aims to support projects that make a difference to life, and seek improvement, in the local community, through development and regeneration of the area.
Please note that projects with the following characteristics will not be funds. Those that:
- are outwith the Garve and District Community Council area
- are of no direct and stated benefit to the areas defined above
- should be or are wholly funded by the local authority or other statutory bodies
- comprise improvements to land that is not open to the general public
- are commercial sponsorships
- promote religious or political activities
- are deficit or retrospective funding (i.e. for activities that have already taken place)
- the Lochluichart Community Trust (acting reasonably) to be adverse to its interest of the renewable energy operators or other ‘community benefit’ funding bodies
How do I apply?
If your project fulfils the above criteria download an application form available below or contact the LCT Company Secretary. Applications are invited four times a year with the closing date for 2019 onwards being 28 February, 31 May, 31 August and 30 November Completed forms should be returned to the Company Secretary by these dates for review by the Board. Please find below a link to the grant application form.
For further details on the criteria and the application process please review the LCT Fund Application guidance notes, the link for which is below:
What happens next?
The completed application is reviewed by the Board of Directors at the meeting subsequent to the closure date for applications, using a specified scoring matrix. The funding decision is the sole responsibility of the directors of the LCT and the decision of the directors is final.
Once a decision has been reached applicants will be informed within a week of the meeting.
Within 6 months following the awarding of a grant applicants are requested to complete and return a feedback form to update on the project and expenditure. The feedback form can be found on the link below:
MICRO GRANT SCHEME
LCT also offers a micro grant of up to £200 to set up tnew groups or initiatives within the Garve and District Community Council Area. The Micro grant is available for financial support towards administration costs. The micro grant guidance and application form are below:
Guidance Notes for micro grant applications