LCT is managed by a Board of Directors, which comprises seven democratically elected members of LCT and an appointed Director (Eneco). All member Directors are voted into position by the members of the company at the AGM. The Directors are responsible for the awarding of grants, the management of the funds and the operational activities of LCT. Full details of exactly how Directors are voted on to the Board and what are their responsibilities are covered in detail in our Articles of Association.
Below is a brief summary of the responsibility of a Director of LCT:
- Attendance at Board Meetings and AGM (approximately 10 meetings per year)
- Ensure correct management of monies within the fund
- Review of grant applications to ensure compliance to Articles of Association and the Community Benefit Agreement
- Review of operational procedures and policies as appropriate
- Negotiation of relationship with potential new funders
- Directors generally serve a 3 year term
LCT annually accepts applications from its members who are interested in serving the community as a member director. Each year 2 new member directors are welcomed to the Board at the AGM.
If you are interested in becoming a member Director please contact Carol Smith, Company Secretary for more information. Contact details can be found on the “Contact Us” page.
Below is a list of current directors:
- Sharon Wright (Chair)
- Christopher Hamilton (Treasurer)
- Jean Bailey
- Karen Grant
- David Raeburn
- John Bedwell
- Jeanette Fenwick
The directors are aided by Carol Smith, Company Secretary